8800gtx and 8800ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah ic ic. so does a higher voltage rating mean it would OC better?, or would lower voltage give it more room to increase?

higher voltage means the core has more juice going through it.. meaning its got more headroom to overclock... the more voltage you have, the more your core is gonna be able to take. thats one of the basic principles of OC'ing.. more voltage means more MHZ (or... headroom to obtain mhz)!!!!

Ah understood. *rays of light shine from above* new rig will be first time I OC. the one im runnin now would probably explode lol. not to mention it gets hot enough running stock. poor case. Thanks for the info in return lol

no problem... oc'ing isnt all that hard at all.. simple concept to learn.. until you start getting into alot of things like timings and all that.. but for the most.. simple indeed.. and once you get your computer going, its gonna be one **** of a beast

XD I hope so, everyone here's helped out quite a bit. Workign and waiting is the worst part lol. I've never run a good top end PC so itll be nice to play some games on high rather than drool over videos lmao. I'll be able to join up in the tech-forums steam team as well XD

dude why dont you just ask apok?

I got the hr-03 plus on my ultra and my temps idle at lik 48 and dont go past 60-65 on load.

I ran a successfull 3dmard with these settings: 710/1170

Anything past that would crash.

zalman has a new gpu cooler that i'm looking into for the 8800's. and didnt you have a gtx krazyq... what were you able to take that too? or was it a gts you had?

i use to have a gts..and returned it and got the ultra.

And what zalman cooler?
the reason i got the hr-03 plus is cos zalman had nothing out...ill be ****edd now, i dont even like the look of this cooler that i have now...and my temps didnt drop that much.

I read an older article on HardOCP earlier about gtx vs ultra. Apparently the ultra clocks higher due to a bit of a refinement in the silicon and a different cooling set up. Basically the draw on both cards is identical with the ultra sometimes coming in less hungry while delivering more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom