8800gtx and 8800ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
what is the difference between these two.. besides the clock speeds... is there a voltage difference??? just a quick lil question i need answered

YouTube - 8800 GTX vs 8800 Ultra xxx DX10 lost Planet

performance test comparing the ultra and gtx. ultra nearly doubled lost planet FPS at 2600xwhatever res, and at 6 or 7 degrees lower temps.

clockspeed comparison chart:
nV News - XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra XXX Edition Review - Page 1 of 10

as for voltage I couldnt find any hard proof but "Associate claim that G80 core has the supply voltage 1.3 v for GeForce 8800 GTX, and 1.35 v for GeForce 8800 Ultra." found here:
geforce 8800 ultra overclocking stats
2 paragraphs up from the picture of a GPU.

okay, voltage is the main thing i wanted to know.. thanks, wanted to know if the difference between the two had any meaning besides a clock speed... thanks for clarifying that

np ^^ thats all the info on it I could dig up tho. seems viable imo. i probably woulda had the same question when i got to oc the ultra anyway.

xxx is just a pre overclocked version isnt it? ah i suppose the gtx was stock in the performance test. there'd still be a decent size gap but if it was a normal ultra the frames mighta dropped by 5 or something >.>

meh, i didnt care about performance difference.. i wanted to know voltage differences.... cuz i've brought myself to a little ditch.. where i'm gonna have... not so much money really soon. (well i have not so much money now.. lol) ... and in 2 weeks.. i may have... alot of money.. and i wanna know if the 8800ultra has a higher voltage so i know which to buy.. if its worth the extra 50-60 bucks compaired to the gtx

o. im a voltage nub so i don't know what the difference would do XD affect OC'ability? I'm just hopin mien will hold up at 1900 res without having to buy another one. gonna take another 3 or 4 weeks just to get stupid system running ; ;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom