ATI AIW 9600 128 mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
good point made, those programs will eat it up, if you are going to burn then get a good dvd burner.

yeah, a buddy of mine got the AIW9800xt

he scheduled it to record 2 weeks of simpsons episodes (here in l.a., we get 3 each weekday, and 2 on sundays) calculate that to 34 episodes and 17 hours of tv. needless to say, his 80 gig hard drive, became a 50 gig hard drive

lol, that's a lot of space. so there you go. you can record and watch tv on your comp wich sounds like what i'm gonna do cuz i don't have a tv in my room :)

it also has the cool feature of watching tv while working on the comp or vice versa . . .

but you have to make sure that you have a good sized screen

also, in 2006, theyre gonna switch everything to digital transmission for tv, so if youre planning on getting a monitor, maybe get something with a digital interfance (dvi)

get dvi only if you want a crisp display . . .

analog will still work, but why settle for second best?

ps

100th post!

i beat you to that first. i'm thinking of hooking this comp up to the big screen. has the dvi conector and the the card to support it...cs on the the 60in wide screen...mmm..

hahaha

only 45inch projection for me . . .

from 1995 or something . . .

dont want my parents to get a plasma or super-wide yet . . .

dont have room for a DLP or something like that

plasma wears out a lot . ..

waiting for LCD to get to 50" and cheap

then CS on 50" wide . . .

the only problem . . .

you have to lug your comp downstairs, get the keyboard, mouse, power surge, cables . . .

too much of a hassle

also, if its a plasma, you gotta make sure the card supports that resolution . . .1280X768 or something

lol, this is true and is the reason why my dad won't let me do it, lol, he may if i do an all nighter thing or some thing like that. the internet conection is a hastle to get set up to, anyways this is going off topic, hoped the info helped you out!

thats why i love wireless networking

though, from the living room my usual 11mbps will become 6 mbps

and ya get lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom