Best AM2 Overclocking Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah wait.. just read, phenom are am2+ processors..

interesting..
Should I get that board..
or should I get a cheap board, and upgrade when they release new hardware?

interesting..

any news on upcoming am2+ boards?

ahah.. i should just keep googling this

dont get the biostar tforce am2+ board. it not even real am2+. It doesnt support gddr3 or full 4000mhz fsb support. also, only one pci-e slot. Aslo, no pci-e 2 slot, which we will see used very shortly.
Wait for better am2+ boards to come out. Which should be around christmas. So if you dont have to upgrade until then, dont. It will be a waste of money if you are planning on sticking with AMD, as i am.

^ ya.. but if you wanna get Phenom... you don't have to use an AM2+ board (for some of em') AM2+ and AM2 are backwards compatible..

Actualy the Phenom X2s will be DDR2 and AM2+ whilst the Phenom X4s will be Am3 and DDR3 which should be coming out early 2008. If you where to get an older AM2 board go with the DFI Lanparty SLI 590. DFI boards are better becasue of Japanese Copcitors and more OCing options in the bios that you can deal with. My DFI boards have been more stable than any other brand ive used (with the exception of the nF3 Ultra 939+AGP that was junk). If you want to stick with AMD id wait for AM2+ and AM3 for PCI-E 2.0 compliance and Phenom processors.

get the AM2+ mobo 790X next month. It will have better OCing n support for HT 3.0 instead of 2.0, which is a huge difference.

u can wait for a month can u????

Most all boards will allow front Firewire and USB, and most boards with onboard audio have a front audio port. If your getting the 590 SLI i highly suggest the DFI Lanparty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom