antec 900 quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseking25

In Runtime
hi. Im looking to build a gaming system with an antec 900 case but im a little concerned about cable management. I know cable management in this case is supposed to be bad but im wondering if any1 has built a rig with a 8800GTX and a non-modular PSU in this case and how did it go? Im probably not going to change the case btw.

Well i dont have a GTX but I have a large X1950PRO card. The non modular PSU can be a pain because you have to stuff the cables in front of the PSU and this can block the airflow from the bottom fan to the PSU itself.

Well the wires themselves dont get hot and the exaust of the PSU (i have a pcp&c so the airflow is like this.

The exaust is only mildly warm aswell.

Actually there is a small compartment under the HD bay where you could stuff the wires but i couldnt be bothered doing that for some reason.

so cabling probably isnt an issue then? also i am also wondering about vista 32-bit vs 64 bit and 2GB of RAM vs 4GB (i know this has nothing to do with the topic but its really the only problem i have left in finalizing my build plan)

You could just cut into your case and run the wires in the back. Check the wire management section for plenty of good examples on modded Antec 900's. It's a bit intimidating to do your first case mod but it's a good learning experience and worth it imho. My psu is non-modular (but sleeved wires) and I have the GTS. No problems.

so cabling probably isnt an issue then? also i am also wondering about vista 32-bit vs 64 bit and 2GB of RAM vs 4GB (i know this has nothing to do with the topic but its really the only problem i have left in finalizing my build plan)
64-bit vista with 2gb of RAM, don't get 4 unless you do heavy video editing, animation, or intensive photoshop

You could just cut into your case and run the wires in the back. Check the wire management section for plenty of good examples on modded Antec 900's. It's a bit intimidating to do your first case mod but it's a good learning experience and worth it imho. My psu is non-modular (but sleeved wires) and I have the GTS. No problems.

I'll second that...have the 900 and the GTS, no problem with room, but some holes in the back and ran most of the cables behind the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom