New: 2900GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think its competition in terms of performance. Sounds like the 8800GT will crush it. But in terms of price/performance this might be the winner. I have looked for benchmarks but can't find any yet.

It has only 256MB video memory, 256bit memory interface and 240 stream processors compared to the 512MB, 512bit memory interface and 320 stream processors of HD2900pro/XT

But it is also $100 cheaper. Anyone, like myself, gaming at resolutions of 1280x1024 would do great with this card.

It sounds like the new generation X1950PRO. I.E. Its core is actually crippled compared to the flagship card's GPU, not just downclocked.

Its crippled becasue it dosent have as much ram, as much memory bandwidth, nor does it have as much shaders. The competition for the 8800GT will be the HD2950pro. The HD2900pro though can easily be flashed to XT speeds without a hitch of a problem. This is just another midrange card for the cheaper low res people.

Oh ok. Yeah, the card will obviously not compete with the 8800GT (if current GT reviews are true), but as far as lower resolution gaming like 1280x1024 I think the card will perform very well. At $180 it becomes very attractive for lower resolution gamers who want nice performance for a good price. I think I will pick one up for a new build I am working on if some reviews come out for it and it does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom