ATI AIW 9600 128 mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked15

Baseband Member
I'm a real newbie at this building computer stuff...can someone tell me about the features of the AIW 9600, ie how the tv tuner works, etc. im running a pretty old sys and i dont know much about the newer stuff aside from what ive read on this site :)
Thanks!

All i really need to know is what the deal with the TV tuner/caputer is. Can I just connect my cable line to the video card so i can record tv shows off the cable line? or do i need live tv to use the features?

ummm... i'm preaty sure if you get some recording software you can. and i know the aiw can have tv sent through it. correct me anyone if i'm wrong.

Thanks, i actually went to the ATI site hoping to find out more info, and there was a link to another site with pretty much all the info i needed to know. It seems a bit confusing but i think once i have the actual hardware ill be able to figure it out! I hope! :)

you should be able to plug in the tv cable . . .

it has a coaxial connector

if youre gonna do gaming,

get the AIW 9600XT or 9800pro

to right you are kol, do as he says and you'll be fine. also i would the the 128mb instead of the 256mb unless you got money to spend.

if youre gonna be using the AIW for tv recording, get a huge hard drive (no smaller than 200gig)

tv programming can really eat up your hard drive space

unless you have dvd+r drive and plan to burn dvds of the programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom