Best AM2 Overclocking Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
What is the best Overclocking mobo for AM2 right now?

I heard the DFI was the king of the market, why?
Is it because of the bios options? Last I heard it had the phoenix bios, which is actually common in newer mobos.

I also heard that the Crosshair has the most options, and is very good in overclocking..

I don't know.
I had the Tforce550, which was excellent, but I'm looking for a tiny bit more juice. I've decided to lap my CPU, and my heatsink. I might get better ram..
dunno, already got g skill.

Any thoughts on this?

Not sure about the overclocking, but I think that Asus make the best motherboards.

Sorry I couldn't be much help

I was actually thinking about getting an am2+ motherboard (the tforce one.) but until I heard that It won't have the features of a regular am2+ mobo.
The only thing you can do that is extra, is having a new processor.

which can be nice, i suppose. But what if one of the missing features, somehow cripples the overall power of the processor?
Does anyone know when AM2+ or AM3 processors/ boards are coming out?

oh ok..so would it be wise to purchase the am2+ ? And wait.. aren't the phenom processors releasing on nov 16? I thought they were am3... are they am2+ ?

Ah wait.. just read, phenom are am2+ processors..

interesting..
Should I get that board..
or should I get a cheap board, and upgrade when they release new hardware?

interesting..

any news on upcoming am2+ boards?

ahah.. i should just keep googling this

I think my solution for now is, that I get a cheap mobo, one that will last me. And After a few months (prob feb. of next year.) I'll switch to phenom, according to the overclockablitity and the reviews..

what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom