NVIDIA has a surprise in store i kno it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, newbish q... what's the step up program? get the current card, then send it in when they pull a new release?

well i read it on the website...
i read that its good for 90 days....im just wondering if i gotta pay anything while i sign up.

Im guessing you pay the difference when getting the new card, unless that new card is cheaper(i doubt it)

Im just lazy to look it up more, but thanks!

its free if you bought a EVGA card and register it

but you pay THEIR PRICE

i was going to do this when i bought a 8800GTX a while back

i got it for $519, the ultras were $609 both on newegg...i wanted to get an Ultra through Step-up but EVGA's price was $699 on the Ultra...so i sold the GTX on ebay and bought my Ultra from Zipzoomfly for $599(cheapest price at the time)

Ya, you it is only EVGA that offers this. You would have had to register your card with there website in the first 15 days or something to qualify. Like mgkook said, you pay the MSRP price.

i guess ill just sell my card, if nvidia releases a new and better card...
or i might just stick with the ultra.

I do plan on getting the q9450 wen its out next year though...i really wanna get a quad, but ill wait for the new ones instead of getting the q6600.
And i guess by then if the new nvidia card comes out, the price will go down a bit.

Only way to find out is ....waiting.

Why would they keep people in the dark about a new card? If they were going to release anything new other than the 8800gt the hype machine would be in full on mode by now. I think im going to pick up one of the evga ultras from microcenter on the 31st and hang on to it until all the new cards are released and then just return it if something should happen to make the ultra not worth having.

Why would they keep people in the dark about a new card? If they were going to release anything new other than the 8800gt the hype machine would be in full on mode by now. I think im going to pick up one of the evga ultras from microcenter on the 31st and hang on to it until all the new cards are released and then just return it if something should happen to make the ultra not worth having.

get it from microcenter since its the cheapest over there...hurry before that sale ends.

And I dont think nvidia would F**** over there customers like that...IMO ppl would hate nvidia for doing such a thing.

Yep thats why im waiting until the 31st to pick it up. Last day of the sale and that will give me until the end of december to return it if a better option comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom