120mm Case fans. cfm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Hey, I'm looking for some low noise UV fans. I've been lookin around for some 19dB-A uv fans but the closest I could find was:
Cooler Master 22dB-A. I don't think 3dB-A Would make a huge difference would it? Doubt it. My main concern is the CFM rating. These are 42CFM, I was wondering how well they'd work on the TC PA120.3 Rad and as general case fans. I'm lookin to get Really good performance out of it as I'd like to try and OC my system as far as it can go. And don't want to spend a ton of cash on a watercooling system and get some lame fans >.>

Just lookin for opinions. There'll probably be 6-8 fans in the case. I want to go with the UV fans so the bright LED's don't throw off the rest of the UV stuff in the system. The next best higher CFM fan I could find was 29dB-A :eek: :(

Thanks for any help in advance.

Scythe S-Flex 120mm (1200rpm). Expensive, but good. Really depends upon how much you want to spend. Don't forget that dB is a logarithmic scale, so its very hard to guess at the difference between 20 and 23 dB or between 40 and 43 dB.
Particularly because one person's 'quiet' is another's 'arg make it stop!'.

20 Is hearable its like a low hum like you might hear when you need to get the air out of your heating pipes it is the type of noise that bugsme when reading but normally I have music on so can't hear it

he said UV fans and you will rarely see fans rated below 20DB because they count the testing room as having a 20DB background noise. UV fans are also generally seen as the cheaper end. you could try getting the metal fan below and just giving it a V reactive paint job :D

btw those scythe fans aren't peticularily quiet:
Kustom PCs SilenX 120mm 14 dBA Fan *B Grade*

LOL

SilenX are a joke. They're horribly misrated.

Get Yate Loons, the end. $3.50 @ jab tech for awesome cfm/dba ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom