New Computer Plans:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes I thought you were talking about Intels. More cache on Intels makes a sharp performance boost because the processor doesn't have to access the RAM as often when it has more cache. It makes less of a difference for AMDs because the HT design has reduced the latencies of accessing the RAM, as opposed to the performance penalties that accessing RAM through the Northbridge causes with the outdated FSB design, which Intel are still stuck on.

(Yes I know that my explanation was badly worded but I struggle with wording stuff like this well)

worded it much better than me.. and i understood it just fine!!!!!!!

can't wait to see intel get a better memory controller now huh?

ug.. threw a rod.. snapped it.. broke part of the engine block... man this is going to be a mess to replace

so anyway back to the situations at hand:

where to start?
Ill have to buy this in fractured pieces instead of killin the UPS guys back (drat the luck!) since my budget dropped sharply and will be going for a new engine/vehicle to get around with.

takin what we got- lets downgrade the graphics majorly (really any x16 128mb or higher would work until I get funds for the finished gear)
put the LCD on hold
Put vista on hold
possibly downgrade the CPU- dependin on prices.
etc. etc.

I have an old case I can use, CD rom

I need cheap-yet reliable- mouse and keyboard bleh lemme look

I still need a PSU- the finished one will need at least a 40a on the 12v rails- Id love it to have modular cabeling- besides NEWEGG anyone have some links to some?

and can anyone really tell me the diff in a motherboard like the 'p35' blood iron and the fatal1ty one i had selected?

How much difference will it make? what all changed?

besides FSB on the CPU - I know what that all changed

But like the actual North And South bridges- what changed between them- and is it really that significant? or more "ha i got a p35 board!" braggin rights? (again i know th p35 supports 1333 FSB- but what else?)

I have to cut my budget down to basics- so Ill be poppin a 30 dollar card in- 1 stick of 1 gig ram, using an old case , old cdrom and etc- to cut costs until my vehicle is fixed-= then I can replace the old/small parts.

Mobo- Will no be replaced so 1066, 1333 support lga 775, ddr2 800 ram pci express 16 slot(s)
Cpu- Prices arent low enough to replace- so It will be kept
Ram- getting 1g of offbrand for 30 bucks instead of 2 gigs for 70 of G.Skill
Vid- cheap pci express x 16 card (12 pixel pipelines 128mb, 64bit etc) 30 bucks
HDD- buying 1 smaller-then-planned 40gb (i will make it the OS drive later) for about 40 bucks(sata 3.0Gb/s)

I would like to know more on these Motherboards though- for one- I can sli/crossfire 2 smaller vid cards to help in upgrading

and Crossfire- Why do I see "crossfire compatible" RAM? I thought that was a video thing... I suppose it requires a Crossfire board for the RAM as well? Is it worth it? Is there performance gain without stability loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom