Any more idea for my new PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliman

Baseband Member
Just finish my PC and need more idea before go overclock please:

Windown xp home

Q6600 SLACR

AVGE-NFORCE-680i-SLI-122-CK-NF68-AR-(DDR2-800MHZ ,2X16SLI)

Zalman-600w-hp

OCZ-2X1GB-DDR2-PC6400-800MHZ

AVGA-8600GTS-256MB-DDR3-128BIT

CoolerMaster-CM690

500G-SATA-HITACHI

1-Do i need water cooler for this or what is good CPU cooler?
2-do i need windown vista,and which one is good?

Attachments

• CPU Event logging.JPG
    CPU Event logging.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 94
Don't think you need water cooling...And no, you don't NEED vista, but if you want it then just get vista home premium or ultimate. Or stick with xp, but you won't have DirectX10.

thermal take 120 is the best air cooler with some Arctic silver MX-1 thermal grease

Salty I have seen you say this alot that thermaltake 120 is the best air cooler. Its actually thermalright, which is a totally different organisation altogether. Also MX-2 is the new best thermal paste.

ThermalRight Ultra-120 HSF along with a 140mm fan from Aerocool would do. Otherwise, you can just get a Tuniq Tower 120. Is the Zalman the PSU? If so, might want to change your mind into getting a Corsair 520HX or Xclio 550W. They're a tad cheaper and operates much better.

Eh, the TRUE only comes with a mount for a 120mm fan. You would have to do some engineering to mount a 140mm to it. But personally, i think you need to save up and replace that 8600 as its going to be the bottleneck in your system.

Theres no point in using a 140mm though as the 120mm already covers 99% of the heatsink and provides more than enough cooling. My TRUE stays cool to the touch with only a single 120mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom