Which cooling method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezerguy187

Baseband Member
I plan on OC'n my future Q6700 g0 stepping well above 3ghz. So, what type of cooling should i use AIR or LIQUID?

Depends on how much you want to overclock, and your budget. A good watercooling kit will set you back, $250-300+. The best air cooler, is supposedly the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme (no fan included), which sells for about $60. Both methods can easily go above 3GHz.

ThermalRight Ultra-120 Extreme with a 140mm AeroCool fan would probably get your Q6700 pass the 3GHz mark. Might want to read a lot about water-cooling if this is your first time using it.

ThermalRight Ultra-120 Extreme with a 140mm AeroCool fan would probably get your Q6700 pass the 3GHz mark. Might want to read a lot about water-cooling if this is your first time using it.

Not "would probably". More like definitely. That's what I used on my Q6600, and I comfortably went to 3.4-3.6GHz, with the temperatures still good.

I would suggest you take a look at Petra's watercooling kits. They are great quality for the money:
Petra's Tech Shop

Or have a talk with aspire.comptech. Who is very knowledgeable, in the water cooling area.

How high from the 2.66ghz stock of q6700 do you think I would be able to OC with liquid cooling compared to the max speeds you got of 3.4-3.6ghz with air cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom