Comp doing nothing after power surge

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidious141

Beta member
I was reading a book yesterday while my computer was on and the lights went out for like a second and came back on. I went to get on my computer and everything was locked up, when I tried to push the power button in front nothing would happen. So I had to unplug it and plug it back in to get it going again. After this it powers back up but nothing come on the screen, the hd light stays lit up and it does not beep. Any ideas would be useful..thanks.

i think all of your saved software go errased. it must have fryed the memory on your hdd. i think maybe you should install of that again. do you have a surge protector? because you may have fryed your comp, but i think it'll still work if you get the stuff loaded back up again. you are going to have to install EVERY thing again i think. some one correct if i'm wrong

Thankfully not man, everything is still there. I had this happen a modem in my old computer a long time ago. I took everything out except the vid card and plugged things up from there and when I put the modem back it...thats when I have the problem. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom