Vista 32 vs 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtnboarder495

Daemon Poster
First off, I see the intel conroe E4750 "supports" 64 bit. Does this mean that it somehow emulates it, or it is actually a fully functional 64 bit cpu.

Second, if I have a 64 bit CPU, is it worth going with a 64 bit ultimate vista DVD versus the 32 bit? Will there be any performance differences or issues with finding drivers, ect.

Thanks!

I think you meant the E6750?

Anyway, it's a fully functional 64-bit CPU. All current CPUs are.

In my opinion, the performance of 64-bit isn't significantly better over 32-bit. You should go for it though, if you have more than 3GB of RAM. As a 32-bit OS, cannot recognize more than that. You should also make sure, that you find the 64-bit drivers for all your hardware and software, before you make a jump on it.

Great.

My next question is, are their the SAME drivers for Vista 32bit and 64bit? Or will going the 64bit route limit my driver options?

Going the 64-bit route might limit a little, as now, there are more drivers for 64-bit, than there was before. But still, a majority of all the software written, is 32-bit.

The drivers are not the same for 32-bit and 64-bit. There is either 32-bit drivers or 64-bit drivers.

If you are going 64-bit, I suggest you search for them now. All the ones you would be needing, before you go out and get a 64-bit OS.

Sounds like the PC world isn't quite ready for 64 bit just yet, I guess I'll stick with 32 and make the upgrade on Micro$oft's next OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom