5.25" Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
Can anyone vouch for the quality of this product?
StarTech.com - 5.25" Drive Bay Hard Drive Cooler w/Black Bezel - 3 Fans
I'm running a tj-09 black/window case, and was wondering if I got 2 of these babies, if it would help my temps.

I have not actually set up my comp, I just have the case, and the equipment.

I have 2 5.25 slots occupied at the moment, is there any other things I can add to my empty 5.25 besides the fans? I'm thinking about modding my case eventually...

So yeah... any suggestions, on what I can put in those 2 extra 5.25 slots?
Do they make fans that occupy 2 5.25? I know they make this sweet bezel that occupies 3..

edit.
i just entered 5.25" on newegg. found a bajillion of things.

If you know of anything that could possibly help my performance, just post here. I'll keep looking at newegg in the meantime.

Just judging by the size of the fans, that thing is going to be crazy loud. You would probably be better off just putting a 120mm fan up front and fabbing up some sort of bracket.

You want to cool your harddrives, or case in general..?

My case in general, as you know deathhawk, the tj-09 has its own fan for cooling HDDs.
Well the thing is, I just want to take the most advantage of the air cooling I can have. I either want
1) the best air cooling
2) the best water cooling

and water cooling is waaay to expensive for me atm.

To optimize my aircooling, I bought connectors for my floppy, sata, and ide cables that are round and have a small surface area, to help with air flow. I also have that blue VGA cooler that fits in 2 slots to help cool my VGA.
I don't know what else to do, I might just stop there, I also don't want anything too noisy, so I bought 5 scythe 120mm fans. (the expensive ones. ouch.)

I saw some cool LED fan controllers

Newegg.com - NZXT SENTRY 1 Controller Panel - Retail

only can control 2 fans = /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom