Freeware to Test CPU at Load

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran Prime 95. It worked all 4 cores. Worked like a charm. Here's the problem. At 100% on all 4 cores, CPU hovered at 62C to 63C. After about 25 minutes, it started spiking -- I let it rise, and it slowly rose to 71C. Then I got scared and aborted the test. What happened, and is my load temp 62/63C or 71C+?

After a good amount of time during the stress test, it will spike up slowly. And 71C is the max acceptable temperature for load, or so I've heard, for quad cores. 62-63C is perfectly acceptable for load. Not much danger in that. I suggest you either downclock a little or decrease the volts just a little.

What cooler are you using? If it's stock, I would suggest you get an aftermarket cooler. But seeing as you can afford a QX6850, you should go watercooling. And a good one cost about, $250-300+.

Thanks b1gapl.

My cooler is a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. I didn't know you could downclock or downvolt a CPU on stock clock/volts. Is that risky? Know of any reviews on that?

Vaanish -- Thanks.

Vernong -- Where can I get SuperPI. Does it stress all 4 cores in a Quad?

well... idk about that.. because i haven't exactly used a Quad-Core based system... but i can alway hit google and get back to you with an answer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom