First computer build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jophess

Baseband Member
Hello, after looking around for a while now for a new computer, I decided that it would be better to build my own computer to help save a bit of money. The only problem is, I don't really know where to start on which parts I need or which parts would give me the best performance.

My budget is around $700, willing to go up or down $100 dollars at most. I would like to be able to play Crysis on decent settings with a resolution of 1680 x 1050 if that would be possible for my budget. If Crysis wouldn't work with my budget, other games that I will be playing are COD4, UT3, and eventually Darkfall.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time.

e2180
8800gts 320mb or 8800gt (in 6 days)
coolermaster 690
AF7
Abit IP35-e
Corsair 520
Crucial Ballistix 2gb Kit..

thats around 730ish... give or take.. if your not willing to overclock... you may wanna get a more powerful CPU yourself then.. less than 700$ if you get the 8800gt

That seems to be the new builds that we do nowasays. That build looks great, but I wish I could have replied first ;)

Thanks for the reply, just a few questions:
Would this setup be able to play Crysis on medium settings?
What part is the AF7?
Also any recommendations as to where to buy the parts? Would Newegg be a smart choice for online purchases?

Thanks again for the help.

Crysis on Med/Hi depending on the Res.
The AF7 is the heatsink. Its excellent.
Newegg is probably the best overall American online retailer.

lol Peter!!!

ya Vaanish... and its gonan come close to maxing it out... but 1680x1050... i don't think it will.... its gonna be epicly demanding engine.. but i say more like Medium-High Settings..

also don't forget to overclock that e2180... it demands it!! that thing gets to 3.0ghz easily on stock.. (stock is 2.2ghz...)

on stock voltage? HECK YA!!

but the e2180 and e4500 overclocks better than the rest of em because of the M0 stepping

You can play Crysis fairly well.
AF7 is the Arctic Freezer 7 heatsink.
Newegg would be one of the best places to shop for tech-parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom