How do I know if I have overclock too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 9800 Pro does not have a temperature reader.

Most people don't need to know their VGA temperature unless they play with the Voltage, changing the MHz will only increase the temperature a very little. People increase Voltage to increase stability to a piece of hardware, increasing the MHz and NOT the Voltage will keep the card temperature about the same.

oh ok, i see. so when you oc a vid card you don't have to worry about it frying to a point then. how do you monitor it then if you don't know the temp. how would you know if it's frying or not?

Yeah I need to konw to hance can I have a link to any software that I can download to view my vid cards temp

I am afraid there isn't any software available to view video card temperature, at least that I know of. Only cards of model 9800XT and upwards have the ability to view the card temperature.

oi, thanks for lettin me know. i'll try to find some programs. i think the rason it won't work is because there has to be a probe on the vid card.

Kangaroo said:
I am afraid there isn't any software available to view video card temperature, at least that I know of. Only cards of model 9800XT and upwards have the ability to view the card temperature.

and the 9600XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom