just loaded ubuntu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molot

Beta member
i just loaded ubuntu on my laptop and its the first computer ive seen with this os on it. i like it its clean and everything looks good. but how do i get my wireless internet to work?? i can only get on the internet with it plugged in.

Click on the network icon on the top right hand side. It will open up a menu and it should show all the wireless APs to connect to on the wireless side. Click on one of them and it will attempt to connect.

keep in mind, ubuntu has a ton of resources available, I use fedora core on my laptop and just getting around some of the more advanced(to me) features such as setting the opacity in menu's, running installed programs etc. Keep in mind, there is alot you can do in ubuntu so don't get discouraged!

Yeah don't get discouraged. Trying a new OS takes time getting used to. Besides a change is nice, but remember. Change is communism to Bill Gates and his monster Windows. =].

OOh and for your info. Take the time to learn the cmd line, read the tutorials online. For when using Linux, you'll have all the power you will ever need plus some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom