Vista Home Basic on this PC anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
I'm planning on running Vista Home Basic here.... just for the heck of it... plus i got the disk for free... so i'll make sure it works :)

It'll run, just not too great. Be prepared for quite a bit of lag. Even without Aero, Vista Basic is still a resource hog. I remember the low end PCs HP and Compaq would have it installed on. They'd be probably twice as fast as yours and Vista Home would still stutter A LOT!

ok thanks man... but i'm getting an extra 512mb for it.. still a no then right?

Home Basic will be fine. The CPU is a bit slow. If it even meets requirements.

It does just barely meet them. The 40GB HDD will fill up real fast. I would suggest something with some more storage.

I run Home basic on my laptop which is a AMD Turion 1.8 with 1GB of RAM and it is fine. No stutters but it isnt used for any gaming.

It'll run, just not too great. Be prepared for quite a bit of lag. Even without Aero, Vista Basic is still a resource hog. I remember the low end PCs HP and Compaq would have it installed on. They'd be probably twice as fast as yours and Vista Home would still stutter A LOT!

Vista Home Basic doesn't have aero (but Home Premium and all the other versions do). I have Vista Home Premium on my laptop (specs in sig) runs quite well, takes a little longer to load up then CP, but once at the desktop its fast. With Aero and the gagets Vista is using about 38% of my Laptops 2GB RAM.

For best performance in Vista many people recommend atleast 1GB and definately 2GB ior more f gaming or usinng memory intensive programs.

Hope this helps a bit. ;)

ya.. i sorta knew about all the features... i studied it hard... and decided to go with Home Basic... but i lost the key!! OMFG...

so i put XP... i think I'll stick with it until i get my new PC... Topic Closed.. would have been great to try it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom