New GFX Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephexx793

In Runtime
Hey guys, Birthday was monday, the 22nd, and with my money I'm gonna buy a new graphics card for my computer.

Currently running with a DELL XPS 410, it's pretty nice except for the fact that it randomly locks up in my games, and i get a lot of gfx lag in high-end games like Battlefield 2, which really makes my gameplay go down the toilet!

Well, I'm using an nVidia 7300 TC card atm, and it blows a fat one.. I'm looking for buy a new card for my computer, PCI-E x16 slot, and something between 150 - 270 dollars?

I can't decide on one, and I don't want to just get a random *** graphics card and it be a piece of junk..

Thanks, could really use some help.

BTW -- I'm looking to use newegg, but if you guys got some other link, i'll look into it.

whats your other specs.. so it doesn't bottleneck your current CPU... but an 8800gts 320mb is enough..

my other specs..

I have
Intel Dual Core processor, at 2.13 GHz
1g RAM
whatever power supply comes with a DELL XPS 410.

It's been a while since i've done anything techy.. excuse my nubbiness..

cuz an 8800gts 320mb is a powerful card......

but an x1950xt is only a bit weaker than the 8800gts 320mb....... so you could get an 8800gts 320mb.... but it may bottleneck without OC"ing..

So that x1950 XT is good? I thought that was an old card, because i was looking at an ATI 1950 about 2 years ago..

I'm just worried about buying a card and wasting my money =[ don't want that to happen.

well its powerful... but its not DX10 ready.. the gts 320mb is.... but are you into dx10 gaming?? if so get the gts 320mb then....

Well, not really.. I mean I use DX9 atm, I play WoW, BF2, CS 1.6 and source, that's pretty much it. So no, not a whole lot of DX10 gaming.

I'm using Windows XP Media Center (pro., pretty much), not vista.

well the 8800gts 320mb is more powerful.. in dx10, also in dx9... so get its your choice... x1950xt or 8800gts320mb... usually i'd recommend the 2900pro instead of the 8800gts 320mb because its cheaper...

the 8800gt is supposed to come in 6 days... i wonder what the price will be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom