Best Case Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I would love to build my own case but at the moment I am more worried about the component costs an I always like modding a case but I might build one for a HTPC that involves frosted glass an Polished aluminium.

Errm, there is nothing really _that_ great about the Mozart IMO... It's not great when it comes to cooling, only thing I can say about it is it's big and it can house a lot of fans, too bad they're all at the top, and TMK don't directly cool the motherboard, video card, etc. It seems people jump when they see the size/amount of fans, but obviously there is more to a case than that.

The V2000 is much better prepared for watercooling, at least with a 120x3 radiator. I'm pretty sure they have like a thread at XS dedicated to V2000/V1000 water cooling loops.. not sure..

So yeah, the Cosmos doesn't really accomodate WC'ing as well. Also, the hard drives get relatively hot in there with normal cooling, and considering you wont be cooling them with watercooling, they'll still be pretty hot.. :(

Your right there, if i have the time an some more ideas I will post a mock up of the case I would like to build for a HTPC it has to look nice as it will be in a family room. Its either going to be frosted glass an polished aluminium or Frosted glass an High gloss finish on aluminum. I just need to find a DVD-RW drive that dose not have a tray I need one that is a slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom