8800gts vs my processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means your RAM is @ 858MHz. Not a bad inadvertant overclock. Do you know the timings of your RAM? Look in CPU-Z under the memory tab for that.

Freqency: 430mhz
FSB:DRAM: 1:1
CAS Latency: 5.0 clocks
RAS to CAS: 7 clocks
RAS precharge: 7 clocks
Cycle time: 20 clocks
Command rate: 2t

Just browsing over the 8800gt thread, i didn't completely waste my money buying this card did i? Or wil the 8800gt be a more expensive card than the 8800gts?

Freqency: 430mhz
FSB:DRAM: 1:1
CAS Latency: 5.0 clocks
RAS to CAS: 7 clocks
RAS precharge: 7 clocks
Cycle time: 20 clocks
Command rate: 2t

Those are horrid timings. I think I have youst found the root of your problems. Try to get them as low as possible. Try 5-5-5-15. If this isnt stable, then change the FSB:RAM ratio so as to lower the MHz of the RAM a little bit.

Basically: try to get the RAM stable at 5-5-5-15 with as high a Frequency (MHz) as possible.

I have no idea how to do that :)

No offence, but I think that you should have learned a bit more about Overclocking before you attempted such an ambitious one.

Okay, found it.

Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 Review

;1218133 said:
Digging deeper however we finally ran across a post on Anandtech's forums, by one of the forum moderators, indicating the boards memory timings magically reveal themselves in the BIOS "IF" you hit CTRL F1.

I see. I didn't really intend to go into detailed overclocking, i originally just did what my friend suggested which was simply up the processor to 3ghz.

There is the MB Intelligent Tweaker in BIOS, it has some of those options but not all of them.

Edit: oops, didn't realise i had to unlock it with ctrl+f1
Edit 2: upped it to 5-5-5-15, is that as good as it will get? Seems fine so far.

Edit 2: upped it to 5-5-5-15, is that as good as it will get? Seems fine so far.

You should see a significant performance increase from that. You can try to get it down some more, but unless you got very lucky I dont see you improving on 5-5-5-15 without notching up the VDIMM.

Thanks! I tried Crysis beta again and now it runs fine on 1280x1024 resolution (native monitor res) :)

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom