Vista and sli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schecters

In Runtime
I haven't read much into it, but from what I see Vista as of now doesn't support sli (or nvidia's drivers, whoever is to blame). Anyone else think that's extremely lame?

Your WRONG!!!!

Vista does support SLi. More so than XP. **** Vista can support dual Video cards that DONT match with no issue.

The nVidia drivers are buggy but in no way shape or form does Vista not support SLi. Where ever you heard that it is nothing but a big fat lie. I know several people, myself included who has run SLi, and dual card within Vista with no problem. I know several people that run 2x 8800GTX cards.

I installed the latest drivers. The control panel doesn't even acknowledge that sli is possible. In device manager, vista shows both my cards, but one of them shows as not being installed. When I update the driver, and show it where I already have nvidia drivers installed, it says that I have the latest drivers. But nothing has changed. It still shows up as not being installed, and nvidia's control panel still won't let me configure it.

Ok I just noticed that there is this message in the device description in device manager.

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

So it's a completely different problem then I thought... I've never had any problems whatsoever in xp like this, and there certainly are enough resources on my computer to run my other card.

What are your video card and what version of Vista are you running? If you have 2 8800 GTX cards at 768MB each and 2GB of RAM while running Vista 32 Bit you will hit the RAM ceiling of 32 Bit. At that point you will need to get 64 Bit Vista to accomidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom