Best QX6850/MOBO combination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezerguy187

Baseband Member
What is the best combination of QX6850 and motherboard?
Ive been looking the P5k Deluxe possibly?
Also, I want to go with 4 gb of RAM, which would be the optimum type of RAM to go with whichever motherboard is best for a QX6850. Any input is greatly appreciated, im dying to put together my new comp soon!

Why do you want the QX6850? It's a total ripoff.

Just buy a Q6600 for a fraction of the price.

And yeah the P5K Deluxe or IP35 Pro are good choices....I wouldn't go with the X38 as there are no benefits over the P35 really unless you go with DDR3 ram, which is extremely expensive at the moment.

But, with the QX6850, won't I be able to push my FSB higher than with the 1066fsb ofthe Q6600? Which in turn will be able to let me use higher speed RAM?

yes... but its still a ripoff, whats wrong with overclocking 600mhz to have the speeds of an qx6850 without an unlocked multiplier...

but the best boards... already been beaten to it..

A q6600 can easily do 3.6ghz on air and is under 300 bucks. A 6850 is going to run you over a grand and is only going to give you maybe 3.8-3.9ghz.

But, with the QX6850, won't I be able to push my FSB higher than with the 1066fsb ofthe Q6600? Which in turn will be able to let me use higher speed RAM?

No. In fact to up your FSB a reasonable amount you will have to reduce the qx6850 multiplier to 8-9x anyway...basically making it identical to a Q6600.

A g0 stepping q6600 will do 3.2ghz at least....most are doing 3.6ghz on air and 3.8-4+ghz on water.

agreed...dont waste your money and get the Q6600 G0 stepping.
Just make sure you get a good aftermarket cooler, good airflow and your set.

Everyones advise over here has just saved you hundreds of dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom