Windows xp freezes when wireless network card is enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonb13

Beta member
Hi everyone, i been having problems with my win xp freezing when my wireless card is enabled. I see a lot of other people is having problems with this too on other forums. I know that its not viruses or spyware, its not the wireless card or drivers becuase I'm running the same card on a different computer with no problems. Its not our wireless router. I'm using the windows wireless configuration, not any tools that came with the card. I did research and i believe the computer gets stuck in an infinite loop. Its when data is being sent to and from the cpu via the wireles card and the cpu stop recieving the data for a second, kind of like a heartbeat skip, and the wireless card is still sending data which results in this. The specs. in this computer are: INTEL CELERON D Processor at about 3.4 GHz, 1024 MB RAM DDR2, Win XP Home with SP2, Dynex Wireless G Card at 54 Mbps on a pci slot, VIA VT8237 Pro chipset. Here are the specs. on the computer that works that I'm using now: Intel Pentium 4 at 3.0 GHz, 1024 MB RAM; 2x 512 one at 400 MHz other is at 333 MHz, same wireless card and configuration at the same speed, running Windows XP Pro with SP2, and a VIA VT8237 Chipset. I had the same problem with the working computer before i put in the new processor. the one with problem is a barebone custom build computer just like the working one except the messed up one is newer, just bought it and built it this summer. I'm thinking its the processor, but i don't want to buy a whole new one if i can fix this one. If anyone needs more specs. post back. THANKS A LOT!!!!!!:)

The card may be faulity.
its not the wireless card or drivers becuase I'm running the same card on a different computer with no problems.

The only thing I can suggest is the drivers or card isn't compatible with something in your system. Or even corrupted drivers, try re-installing the drivers. Other than that, I think I'm just as clueless as you are. Never seen this happen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom