Overclocking questions 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if overclocking cuts the lifetime of your cpu to half, its still going to live long enough before its time for you to upgrade.

My current rig is running on stock settings right now, I have no use for overclocking it atm. So ye..... Im barely use my computer now anyways other than doing school work and stuff.... But hopefully Ill be getting CAD so I may need to add more RAM perhaps 4GB more RAM for a total of 6GB. I was going to upgrade it earlier but have no reason to.

adding 4GB of ram would mean 2x2GB sticks... do you have ANY idea what that kind of an upgrade woulld cost??? I mean sure it WOULD be the way to go for an all-out performance boost, but you can double what you have for less than half the price... i.e. 2x1GB sticks for under $100 versus 2x2GB sticks for $250-$400... you do the math... but I got 4x1GB for under $40 each...

Anime dude why are you getting a 8800gts 640mb??? do you mean the new ones as the current 8800gts 640mb is fairly pointless buy considering the 8800gts 320mb is 1-3 fps off of the speed.

2gb+ should not be used by anyone using xp unless they have a professional interest i.e. CAD or video editing. In vista then 4gb is found to be the optimum amount for gaming use although 2gb is still fine

Anime dude why are you getting a 8800gts 640mb??? do you mean the new ones as the current 8800gts 640mb is fairly pointless buy considering the 8800gts 320mb is 1-3 fps off of the speed.

2gb+ should not be used by anyone using xp unless they have a professional interest i.e. CAD or video editing. In vista then 4gb is found to be the optimum amount for gaming use although 2gb is still fine

well first I'm not running xp... didn't you read the sig? windows vista ultimate! and what's wrong w/ CAD? maybe I do wanna run CAD... if I can ever put $5000 together to buy it that is... lol... and so what if I get the 640 as opposed to the 320... it will reamin current longer than the 320... and it's only an extra $80ish for double the size... if I'm building this system I might as well build it right, right!?

.. and so what if I get the 640 as opposed to the 320... it will reamin current longer than the 320... and it's only an extra $80ish for double the size... if I'm building this system I might as well build it right, right!?

um their relatively the same card....you wasted $80 that could be spent on something else....there is no significatly noticable difference

um their relatively the same card....you wasted $80 that could be spent on something else....there is no significatly noticable difference

However if you wait for the revised 8800gts 640mb then there will be a reason to get one but IMO it is rather pointless as you can go with the 8800gt or the 8800GTX those are the only two cards I would consider

well okay then... I guess that helps save me some money... I appreciate the help... that's $80 towards a G15/G5 setup... which is somewhere around $180 unless somebody knows where to get those cheaper...

*edit*

just though of a question to ask... does anybody know if they make a similar version of the G5, but wireless?

i don't get paid until next thursday... but thanks
*edit*
is the g7 weighted like the g5 is?

*edit*

what about a decent joystick for flight sim. games? possibly thinking of dual joysticks and looking for a pc version of the classic game steel battalion, but will need a good dual-js set-up (matching left-and-rights)

that and I would like suggestions on a steering wheel/foot pedal set-up for racing games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom