The reason i am getting an 8800GT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whats your other specs?

frankly i'm digging these.... its gonna do some serious damage in SLi...

So far my rig is-

Phenom Agena 9700
AMD Hammerhead mobo (when will they release this!??!)
G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
2x 8800GT SLI

Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W Power Supply

Lian Li PC-75B Full Tower case
Custom Dual water loop(CPU, GPU< GPU)- parts from petras.

worklog coming this christmas (provided the CPU and Mobo are released on time.)

or the enermax liberty 620, i read it does lasts very long, and i also read soem very nice reveiews about it, its also cheaper the the corsair, and enermax is top of the line, what ever you do do not get the noise taker, it usually dies in a year or so, but the liberty is a very good product.

why not get a Corsair 520hx or 620hx

or the enermax liberty 620, i read it does lasts very long, and i also read soem very nice reveiews about it, its also cheaper the the corsair, and enermax is top of the line, what ever you do do not get the noise taker, it usually dies in a year or so, but the liberty is a very good product.

I chose the Antec for two reasons-
1. I have always used antec PSUs. Since day one. For about 8 years. Never failed me at all, the only reason i would get a new one would be becuase my new rig required more power. Right now i am using an Antec 550watt and it is amazing.
2. I know 1000watts seems overkill, but including the hardware i am powering, there will be about 6-8hdds, 2 DVD burners, one blu-ray, cathodes and room for future upgrades. With all this exepensive hardware i cannot afford to skimp on the PSU. Did i mention there will be an Asus soundcard in there somewhere too?

;)

I agree i love antec, my 550W at the moment is extremely good (54A on the 18V rails!), however, i have heard their build quality isnt quite what it used to be and they suffer from more variences in voltage..

ive had more then several one year old antec psu, coem into work dead, they dont last anymore, if they did wed all be recomendign them lol, think about it, go look at some reviews on teh internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom