Building new computer, $1000 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
well.. some people want the q9450 for the loads of cache... which supposedly helps in games.. (not sure myself)

Yeah I can't comment on the effects of cache either but like I said before, either choice has its own strengths and weaknesses, whatever he chooses to go with will be fine I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

frankly... i don't have the patience.. i've used this for a while... and i'm slowly ticking... i'm so desperate for a new system, i might even settle for a Dell e6300 based system!!

frankly... i don't have the patience.. i've used this for a while... and i'm slowly ticking... i'm so desperate for a new system, i might even settle for a Dell e6300 based system!!

What? You must be joking. After all the countless builds you've recommended that would be a disservice to yourself to buy a Dell. You have to build it yourself there's no other way to do it right in my opinion.

Personally I had to suffer through a P.O.S. Dell Dimension whose specs were P4 1.6 GHz, 256 megs of ram, 8 MB vid card, integrated sound, and 40 gig HDD for about 5 years and I lived through it. Of course I upgraded it and go it to 512 megs of ram and a Geforce 6200 GPU but it still sucked *** through a straw.

Trust me you'll only regret it later if you skimp and get a Dell.. seriously they use BTX mobos...

What? You must be joking. After all the countless builds you've recommended that would be a disservice to yourself to buy a Dell. You have to build it yourself there's no other way to do it right in my opinion.

Personally I had to suffer through a P.O.S. Dell Dimension whose specs were P4 1.6 GHz, 256 megs of ram, 8 MB vid card, integrated sound, and 40 gig HDD for about 5 years and I lived through it. Of course I upgraded it and go it to 512 megs of ram and a Geforce 6200 GPU but it still sucked *** through a straw.

Trust me you'll only regret it later if you skimp and get a Dell.. seriously they use BTX mobos...

i mean.. if i found one in the trash can... i'd use it... thats how bad it is...

but i got good news... my parents are buying a new system for me next year for AP CS2, so i guess... new system for me :0

Hello again, thank you guys for all the advice. But I still have a couple of questions. Whats a Yorkfield? Is evga card not as good as the one you recommended? Whats a Nehalem? Sorry if i seem like a complete noob. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom