Auto Log-out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
I've noticed this a lot lately. I'm not sure if it's on my end or what. But, I've found that I can't read through posts for more then like 5 or 10 minutes and then attempt to post. I have to re-login again. The same for writing a post. Sometimes I get side tracked and write on and off for 10 or so minutes before posting. When I finally hit "Submit New Thread" it requires me to log in again.

What's the deal?

that would just be you... I post alot here, and frequently... sometimes only a mere few minutes apart. never have to re-log in

No, not just him. Sometimes, I'll begin to compose a reply and then go grab a refill of coffee (or something else that grabs my attention for (+-)5minutes). When I finish the reply it will force me to log back in. I've tested this with FF and IE ... Same thing.

I haven't had this happen to me. but, then, I have my login cookies protected in Firefox (CookieCuller).

Session length is unusually low here. If you don't click "Remember me", your session will end in just a few minutes (sessions on other forums last hours). I would suggest it be increased, but I fear the suggestion would be added to a long list of things that still haven't been done since the forum upgrade.

You can click "remember me", and the forums will use cookies to keep you active. It's a good work-around.

This is the session timeout for vB. It will happen to anyone that is inactive over the amount of time assigned to it. It was set at 15 minutes, but is now set at 30 minutes. Remember that you are responsible for any time that you may be gone from your computer and someone sneaks in and uses your account.

But, I've found that I can't read through posts for more then like 5 or 10 minutes and then attempt to post. I have to re-login again. The same for writing a post. Sometimes I get side tracked and write on and off for 10 or so minutes before posting. When I finally hit "Submit New Thread" it requires me to log in again.

What's the deal?
The session timeout was shorter than your posting time.

No, not just him. Sometimes, I'll begin to compose a reply and then go grab a refill of coffee (or something else that grabs my attention for (+-)5minutes). When I finish the reply it will force me to log back in. I've tested this with FF and IE ... Same thing.
I set your session timeout as 2 minutes. Just kidding! The same has happened to me and it gets tedious for us that take a long time to sit and post.

Session length is unusually low here. If you don't click "Remember me", your session will end in just a few minutes (sessions on other forums last hours). I would suggest it be increased, but I fear the suggestion would be added to a long list of things that still haven't been done since the forum upgrade.
The session timeout was set at the default of 15 minutes, which is not unusually low. Except for people like me that might just sit here staring at the screen trying to think of a response. :freak:

I've extended it to 30 minutes. If you haven't done anything in that amount of time, you deserve to be logged out.

I hope some of you can overcome your fears about things being added to the list and make suggestions if they haven't already been suggested. Things, suggestions and bugs, are being worked on and will be fixed as soon as the Admin (that's me) can figure them out and get 'em fixed! Sometimes the Admin isn't real bright....hey, is that a flame...I'll give myself an infraction!

I tried setting Havoc's session timer to one minute, but couldn't do it on a person-by-person basis. :p

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom