AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition: Unlocked Multiplier for less than $150!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
itl defenitaly hold me off until the phenoms go down in price, i herd they oc and perform the same as the 6400+ and its on par with the e6750, and a few rigs ive seen on youtube scored very high 3d mark scores. with a 8800gts, im talking like 12000's

the toms hard ware review of it never changed the front side bus to increse the clock speed, they made it to 3.3ghz by bringing the multiplier to 16.5 and the voltage to 1.450, so in other words in crease multiplier, test if it doesnt work, increase voltage then test again.

and since you dont need to increase the fsb wouldnt that mean i could oc this chip nicely with a nforce 570 chipset?

the toms hard ware review of it never changed the front side bus to increse the clock speed, they made it to 3.3ghz by bringing the multiplier to 16.5 and the voltage to 1.450, so in other words in crease multiplier, test if it doesnt work, increase voltage then test again.

and since you dont need to increase the fsb wouldnt that mean i could oc this chip nicely with a nforce 570 chipset?

with any Chipset really... they used an Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe which used an Nforce 590 Chipset which does overclock better and have some extra features.. sorta like an Intel Nforce 650i vs 680i, its the same differences...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom