wire management NIGHTMARE!!! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my G15 :D

img2838og1.jpg

Thats really nice...
would i be able to do that in xp?

that IS impresive... I must say I'm very envious...

where can I get me one of those!?

but apok, man... that set-up... I... I... I'm speechless.... I... um.... wow!

is that a full tower? cause the mobo looks so d**m*d tiny in that thing... like a midget at Sam's Club...

Check it out everyone!!!

okay everybody... Here's my rig! Keep in mind that I don't have the graphics card YET... BestBuy has the worst shipping times I've ever seen... but it's on the way...
and also I have a 5.25-3.5 bay converter to be able to mount the hdd sideways so you can see the clear top of the raptor through the window of the case...

with the side cover...
100_0692-1.jpg

without...
100_0716.jpg

so what do you think? How horrible did I do @ my first build, and first attempt @ wire managment?

and also btw, the liquid cooling system is coming soon...

nice build...not to bad on the wire management part....make sure you post pics on that thread to get it rated if you want.

You couldve saved some money if you got the q6600 instead and an evga 800gtx for 500 or a 8800gts 640 mb vversion for like 250-300.
BUt whats done is done i guess.

I'd like some help with wire management for my rig. I did the best I could to run wires behind the mobo tray and they are still pretty apparent. They don't really affect my temps too much since they are always so low (I keep my dorm room pretty cold), but I like to have a clean case.

I've heard about turning the HDDs around, but I couldn't seem to get mine to mount when I did that. In fact, if you notice in the second picture I had to put my slave hdd up right below the 5.25 bays because the two between wouldn't work for some reason, couldn't get the screw in or something.

Also I have a TV Tuner to record some of my TV shows if I miss them which explains the random gray wire going to my motherboard's CD Audio since I use onboard. I had a SB Audigy 2 but it crapped out on me for some reason so I started using onboard, not a big difference.

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

nice build...not to bad on the wire management part....make sure you post pics on that thread to get it rated if you want.

You couldve saved some money if you got the q6600 instead and an evga 800gtx for 500 or a 8800gts 640 mb vversion for like 250-300.
BUt whats done is done i guess.

I dont actually have the graphics card yet, but Best Buy has it for $380, and I don't have a credit card through anywhere else, so that's where I'm goin...

the e6850 only cost me $300 as opposed to an e6600 I saw for like $500, so I went for it... as far as the quad core goes I couldn't find a quad that matched up for anywhere near $300... and w/ the q6600 I don't get the 1333Mhz FSB, which was a plus in the e6850... and the base of 3.0Ghz will put it higher than you could get a q6600 when OCing...

wire managment is so horrible i hate doing it

yes... it IS horrible... but worth it in my opinion...

wow gaming keyboards = not worth extra $50 imo

it's all up to the individual... like if you had a roommate who would be kept awake by a light to see the keyboard, instead you have the light behind the keys... not so much light and a cool neon blue glow...

I'd like some help with wire management for my rig.

miniature zip-ties help more than anyone could ever imagine... if you look close enough I have like a billion of them in my case... that's always a good tip...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom