Power Failure??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo808

In Runtime
Hi everyone, i had a kinda old built computer in my closet some time and i decided to bring it back out for my g/f so that she could use it. I added some new RAM about 1GIG SPeed= 3200 but the MOBO only takes 2700, it still ran fine for a couple of days until one day i turned on the computer and now the whole thing would not even power up.

So i decided it must be the PSU since it wont start up, i changed the PSU with a new ACTEC 500watt and still it wont even turn on. The MOBO lights are on but everytime i turn it on it just wont power up. I took out the RAM and Video card and then power it up but it still wont budge. Heres one tip tho, when i turn it on the CPU Heatsink turns couple times and then the computer dies down.

SPECS
----------
MOBO - asus p4sgx-mx
CPU - Intel Celeron 2.7GHZ
RAM - 1GIG PC3200
PSU - ACTEC 500WATT
Video Card - ATI Radeon X1000PRO

This is a odd situation for me, any help would be good. Thanks!

Stevo808

so it seems like its getting power but then shutting off. its most likely a psu issue. make sure everything is plugged in, like the psu's 12 + 4 pin connector to the mobo.

It seems so, but everything is plugged in correctly. Thats why this is weird, i cant see why its not powering up :confused::confused::confused:

No, i tried to turn on the computer without any RAM inside the slots and it still wont boot. I don't think putting a 2700 inside would boot it up.

Would anyone know whats causing this problem or had anything similar to this? Any help would be nice =)

Stevo808

do all the lights stay on? even after the fan dies down. try putting in a stick of 2700 ram in and see if that gets you anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom