Screwy Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSalyor

Beta member
Ok heres the deal, i cant figure out what the problem is with my computer. Heres out it starts, i recently purchased a Volcanao Heatsink Fan for my 2400 Athlon Xp, because the old fan and heatsink just didnt do it. So i replace it and when i go to turn on my computer i get no signal, so i fidle around for a couple hours and still can get it, so then im like **** i screwed up my CPU so i went ahead and ordered a new one from NewEgg the same CPU. I also ordered a new case with a 400watt powersupply, so when they come i hook it all up, and same thing...nothing happens. So im like it has to be the motherboard so i order a Gigabyte board that supports athlon xp proccesors. Then when that comes i hook it up and same thing? Heres what i know works,

HardDrive=80gig
PowerSupply(Swithced several times)=400 watt
CD-ROM/DVD/RW
2 Sticks 512 DDR Ram
Geforce 5950 ( somthing strange, the fans dont turn on, is that just because the computer is passing post? i tired another card but it didnt work either.)
Sound Card

That leaves the MotherBoard and the Cpu / Volcano and whatever else i didnt mention above.

you can purchase a post card

then put the card in pci slot,the lcd of the card will show you where is the probiem is,should $3 retail,just $1.1 in China

where can you get one of those at?

EDIT: other than the one on tigerdirect, that soyo one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom