Upgraded only GFX card, CPU causing lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AMD quads will probably be in the range of $200-300+.

Yes, the GTX requires two 6 pin PCIe power cables.

Ok put the other PCIe power cable in, so it should be working properly now. Overclocked my 4400+ by 10% so that will do me until I get a new processor. Thanks for your help!

Ran a CPU stability test and although I didn't do it for too long I think it is stable. On my motherboard there was an option to overclock to 10% instead of changing things that I don't know much about I just did this and every thing looks fine.

After playing CoD4 demo again, the game does run at 2560 x 1600 around 30fps, but lowers to around 24 in intense action which I think is pretty good. Everything on max.

Good to hear. My guess is the main problem was the card wasnt getting enough juice due to only having one power cable plugged in.

Yeah defiantly. When I only had 1 power cable connected to it I opened up Cod4 demo and I was totally unimpressed and thought buying this card was a big mistake. Now that it is running properly the difference is amazing and it runs really smoothly.

In my Nvidia settings, under color correction there is an option to turn up digital vibrance. Is this supposed to be put on max because it makes the colours really stand out, but seems excessively bright. I think I'm just used to using colours that weren't "digitally vibranted".

UT3 also seems to run at 2560 x 1600 with everything maxed; I really like this card :D

I guess I was wrong about the single GTX not playing max on 2560 x 1600.

Glad, everything is working out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom