When you need portable data storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcohen

Banned
How do you maximize stroage space and minimize physical space? USB drive, HCSD, HCCF? Protable HD?

They have portable hard drives out there that are the size of a credit card. Which can also hold upwards of 160GB. Best way to go.

To both of you please give me a brand name to go with your recommendations. I am looking at a Maxator 100gb and a Segate Passport 160gb.

Don't go with Maxtor.. they have a high failur rate... SeaGates are one of the most recommended brands, however.

What brands do you consider good brands? My local Circut City runs incredible specials now and then. This week the incredible special is on Maxator. That's out, what brand names should I wait for?

SeaGate and Western Digital are the two big ones. Samsung I don't think is too bad, and Hitachi if you're looking at getting TB drives.

My local Bestbuy has an incredible sale this week on a portable drive called a Segate Free Agent. $90 for 250gb. I guess this is what I need.

Have you ever used SD card as portable disk storage. I have a 4gb HCSD, works great, but i am thinking that the Free Agent is what I really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom