Boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thought so, but I figured I'd ask before I drove home/grabbed it then came back to work xD.

Well I'm gonna slave the drive in another machine we have here, backup all of the data I can find, and then attempt to do the repair. I couldn't get the ERD Commander 2005 to work (may not have burned it right, or it may have been a corrupt ISO...not sure). I do have a Winternals Disk Commander utility on a multi-util boot CD (MrOtakon I believe it was), but I'm not sure if that's the same thing?

check your pm

Thanks, I might be able to use this at sometime.

Got it working BTW guys. Windows Repair did the job...but now I'm gonna have to call MS to activate their version of Windows, because it keeps saying that the product key is incorrect... That will be a job for Monday, though.

One more quick question... I just remembered this.. I think that computer had SP1 installed on it...and I used a SP2 disc to do a repair install...is that bad? Could that be why Windows didn't activate? Won't be able to work on it till after school...but I just remembered this >.<... It boots into Windows fine/says SP2 is installed, I just can't activate Windows (like I said above).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom