need your opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anime_dude07

In Runtime
NOTE: before posting in this thread let me make it clear: I'm not trying to start any fights. I just want honest opinons. So that means no hitting below the belt, got it? Okay, here we go:

first off:
for overclocking an intel...
-liquid cooling system or heatsink
-best brand/item to get
-price range of item
-item(s) to avoid in this category

next:
higher-end gaming mid- and full-tower cases
-best/preferred brand names
-price range of item
-item(s) and brand(s) to avoid

and finally:
intel vs. AMD?

and maybe even any other question I can think of...

*edit*

also:
cooling unit for memory overclocking
-best brand name(s)
-price range
-item(s) to avoid

If you can wait, i would hold off until amd releases their new cpus. Its possible, (i wont hold my breath) that the phenom might actually be a contender to the q6600. As for cooling, you can get top of the line air cooling for under 100 bucks while GOOD water cooling is going to be closer to 250-300. As far as cases go, i love my Antec 900. Goes great with a good air cooling set up.

what brand/item would you recommend for OCing my intel to like a 4.0 or a 4.5 even? and shouldn't I get some kind of high performance grease for that as well?

and which is better for the set-up, air-cooled or water?

It depends on if you are going to overclock. If not, then just go with stock cooling (air). If you want to OC mildly, then go for some nice aftermarket cooling options (still air). If you want to OC like a mad man and squeeze every penny out of your hardware, then go for a nice water setup (it's well worth the $$ IMO).

Cases? Eh, I honestly don't care as long as they look good but thats just me :p

Like ^ said, wait untill the new amd cpu's come out (hopefully soon) or if you can't wait go for a C2D.

Memory cooling I've never had to worry about so can't help ya there ;)

Personally i'm sticking with air just because i dont feel like dealing with the hassle of water and i live in a fairly cold climate so air works great. If you want the best air cooling on the market the Thermalright ultra 120 extreme with a good fan cant be beat atm. As far as pushing 4ghz + dont get your hopes up too high. I would either wait for the phenoms to come out or pick up a q6600 and crank it up to 3.6ghz like mine :)

didn't you notice I already have an E6850?

I mean sure it WOULD have quad core, but it's base speed isn't even in the same ball park as the 6800 series, and the faster FSB is incorporated here as well, hense the 50 @ the end.

so why couldn't I push this baby to the limits, right?

and if I do I want the best cooling I can get, provided it's not a waste of money because of over-kill. I was originally trying to stay under $1500, but you see how well that worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom