Maximize like a mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldj

Baseband Member
Hello,

I really like how in a mac, maximize doesn't fullcreen your window, it just makes it really big. Is there an app that lets you do this in Windows (Vista)? Also, It'd be REALLY nice if it was dual screen compatible.

THANKS!!

-Donald J

You mean something like UltraMon? Give a screenshot of what you mean.

No, like this:

screenshot.jpg

See how the windows don't touch the edge of the screen? I did that manually. Is there a way to automatically do this?

Yeah double click you window at the top. To make it a window and then just drag the corners. You know the OS is called "Windows" for a reason. ;)

See jsut did it with my Opera.

I know, Thats what I've done to make that screenshot, however, in a mac, to achieve the save window shape/size, all you neeed to do is click the maximize button. In Windows, if you click the maximize button (as you may know) it fullscreens the window. Is there a way to achieve the mac maximize, without dragging the window size.

Thanks,

Donald j

Get the Windows to the size and shape you want. After that hit F11 twice. The first time it will mazamize the window to full screen, not just maximized. The 2nd time it will put it back to the size and shape you had it. After you close it Windows should remember that size and shape and keep it that way.

Other than that to have the Maximize button do that for you. I dont think there is a way.

Ok, whilst at school I found this app that lets you resize the window to a certain dimension with two button presses... not bad, but still not as snazzy as a mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom