Freeware to Test CPU at Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMaestro

Baseband Member
What is a good freeware program that works the CPU at loads, so I can test temperature and stability? Easier to use is better.

Orthos is what quite a few people use. Then I use CoreTemp to monitor/log temps.

Orthos would be the most popular. Prime95 is my preferred. It's basically Orthos, without the GUI.

Great suggestion. I have 2 follow-ups.

I have a quad QX6850. I ran Orthos, and it worked 2 of my 4 cores. At 100% for 2 of 4 cores, my CPU was at 60C to 63C.

I have 2 follow up questions. First, is there any freeware program that works ALL 4 cores? Second, theoretically, with temps of 60-63C working 2 cores at 100%, how much hotter would my CPU temp be if it was working all 4 cores?

If you run P95. it is actually quite easy. Just go to the options and choose affinity. Open 4 of them and in each one set the affinity to 1, 2, 3, then 4.

If you run P95. it is actually quite easy. Just go to the options and choose affinity. Open 4 of them and in each one set the affinity to 1, 2, 3, then 4.

P95 does that all by itself, as it natively supports 4 cores. You don't need to set affinity.

When you do run it, I've been told to do the Custom test, as the Blend eats up alot of RAM, which might cause a crash. So the custom is basically like the blend, but you set the amount of RAM it uses. I always set mine, half of what my total RAM amount, is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom