Non accessible HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurph

In Runtime
I have had to do a win XP reinstall, and cannot understand why my slave HDD cannot be seen in My Computer, but can be seen in Device Manager, and states that it is working successfully....pls help...

thanks turtile, are you sure?
It was formatted upon original installation.
Device manager doesn't give me the option to format?!?!

The drive HAS BEEN formatted, I have used for about a year and is full of data that i require on it.
AND as I said "format" is not on the menu when right clicked on in device manager.

I thought that you just installed it and couldn't see it in my computer.

Don't format it. I would try reinstalling the drivers for it.

that'd be what I'd do before trying to back it up. if that doesn't work, try to slave it to another system, recover and back up your data on that one, then format and take that data back off and put it onto your newly formatted disk

Tried driver update with no luck, and re-format isn't an option, as I have no other system or HDD to store ~300Gb of data, please help.....I don't believe that it needs to be re-formatted......

pls help!!! i have an 80gb harddisk, which is not functioning well, i have two drives in it c: is working fine but when i try to open d: it hangs for a moment and then a msg appears " do you want to format now?" i cannot think of formatting, what to do i dont have any backup as most of the important material is on d: drive... pls help!!!

My cure was as follows:
Right click My Computer, select Manage. Then double click Disk Management. Right click on the bold print where it says Disk 0 or Disk 1 or whatever. I then selected "import foreign disk", problem solved.

only_m8: u should be starting ur own thread, but what i suggest is search for a recovery method/disk there a lots of solutions in this forum, although I could find or wait for such. Otherwise, like me, get another HDD and install OS on, then attach older HDD via USB or slave and it should be accessible to get data from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom