Are these lint free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
I need to clean some old thermal paste off a HSF and CPU and i have been told to rub it off with something lint free and im wondering if i can use these:

43630009wj3.jpg

They are ear buds that you can clear your ears with.

I really dont have a clue what lint free things are so if you know any can you tell me please?

That's not lint-free. It leaves little pieces of cotton. Just use a tissue to wipe off the big mess. Then use a cotton shirt or cloth to finish it off. Use alcohol-water with the clean-up.

A Q-tip? Never heard of one... lol

I really dont know I use industrial pos toilet paper with alcohol. I have had q-tips rip apart on me and tissues leave parts of itself behind. The crappy toliet paper is like sandpaper on the *** and doesnt leave anything behind. lol

I used a coffee filter when I cleaned mine off. We have some cheapy-brand q-tips at my house.. and they come apart way too easy >.<. If you're gonna use one, make sure it's a good quality one that doesn't break apart.

Coffee filters and alcohol are what I use. I think it's actually suggested on arctic silver's site (might be wrong though) under the how to part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom