Newly built system won't power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagasaki

Beta member
Hello, and thanks for helping me out! I just "finished" building a computer, my first one thus far, and I've run into quite a problem. It won't start! Nothing at all, no noises, fans, beeps, nothing. The only two things that are telling me it is working is that I get a blue light on my case when it's all hooked up, and when I flip the PSU switch to on, you can tell the lights just barely flicker. But nothing happens after that. I made sure to check my PSU by shorting pins... whatever they were, and the PSU's fan powered on and seemed to work perfectly. But when it's in the actual system, no dice. So, ruling out the possibility of DOA parts for my sanity's sake, any help please? Much thanks!!

Update: I was able to hook up everything BUT my mobo to the PSU and do the pin shorting trick. It caused all my fans and the hard drive/cd drive to power up while it was shorted. So... is it possible that my mobo is dead even though it gives off the case power LED? I'm sure I could return it, I'd just rather not if there is any possibility it's not dead. But if it can be dead with that light on, then I'll look into it right away.

what you might try is, starting it with nothing but the motherboard, and cpu/ case fans plugged in, leave everything else out. all expansion cards, hdd, cd/dvd, drives, see if it will even post. by the way. it could still be a PSU problem, if it's not giving enough power to all components. so don't rule that out just yet. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom