New graphics card not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Laymon

Baseband Member
I have bought a new Sapphire X1550 graphics card and placed it into my old motherboard, an Asus A7S8X MX.
The graphics card was to replace the onboard graphics but upon plugging the card in and wiring it up (the fan does spin) the monitor remains in the "standby" position.
No information is getting to the monitor.
Is it a case of disabling the onboard graphics and if so, how ?

it might be. what you can do is go into the bios and disable the onboard through that. i dunno how you would go about doing that but you should be able to just get into the bios. then just install the drivers for your card.

hi

This will only work if you have access to another computer and both computers can connect to the internet. Try taking the new card out and using your onboard graphics to load up xp/vista whatever on the first computer. Set up an account with www.logmein.com and add the first computer to your account. Then log in to the account on another seperate second computer. Put the graphics card in your first computer and boot up. Go to the second computer and connect to the first computer (using logmein.com), then change the display settings, until the desktop appears on the first computer.

Boot into windows with the onboard graphics. And then delete all the graphic drivers and reboot.Reboot into bios and disable the onboard graphics. Then restart your OS iyt will use generic drivers till you install the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom