Trying to OVERCLOCK...can't get my E6600 to 3Ghz...help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike4realz

In Runtime
i was bored so i decided to overclock my rig. i can't get my e6600 @ 2.4ghz to overclock to at least 3ghz. i can only get it to 2.9ghz (i can only set the FSB up to 325mhz, anything higher than that, my comp would freeze). here's how i set it up the voltage:

cpu -1.4125v
fsb -1.5v
mem -from 1.8v to 2.0v
north bridge -1.35v
south bridge -1.5v
VTT -4%

- memory timing: lowered the latency to 4-4-4-10
- disabled the following in the BIOS (c1e, eist, dot, all spread spectrum, execute disable bit, CPUID limit, HPET)
- my rig is at the bottom and it's watercooled
- used orthos for stressing with no errors (temp under 45C load and 30C idle)

I agree with this (hole at ~3GHz). An alternative is to try a lower multiplier and higher FSB, but make sure your RAM is up to it.

it seems you have the same mobo/cpu as me and i was able to get to 3.0 on stock voltages...even with EIST still on...did u update bios?

I agree with this (hole at ~3GHz). An alternative is to try a lower multiplier and higher FSB, but make sure your RAM is up to it.

i tried lowering the multiplier (6,7,8) but i still can't go higher than 325mhz fsb. i lowered my ram's speed to 400mhz cuz my ram can't handle being overclock from 800mhz.

you could try 1:1 ratio and open the timings up to 5-5-5-15 or so?

i'm not familiar with the ratio. how do i get it to 1:1?

it seems you have the same mobo/cpu as me and i was able to get to 3.0 on stock voltages...even with EIST still on...did u update bios?

yeah i updated to the latest bios. did u use dual core center to overclock? cuz that's what i'm using.

i'm not familiar with the ratio. how do i get it to 1:1?

Hrm... 1:1 means DRAM freq = 2xFSB (since its DDR= double data rate). Just set it to that, and open the timings up. Also, make sure that the RAM voltage and timings correspond, as suggested by your RAM manual (or might be on a sticker on the side of the DIMMS). e.g. a recommended setting of my Ballistix is 5-5-5-15, 2.2V.

That way, with loose RAM timings, you can elimiate the RAM as the cause of the problem (or maybe find that it is the cause of the problem!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom