New Computer Plans:

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i am on a budget and the q6600 is what 400? little pricey

Iam also right now lookin for the equal of what I have- in AMD form.

oh very nice then. Ill look into that-

if someone can help me build an AMD it would be great i keep runnin in circles on there site for info and newegg and tigerdirect have some "socket F" board- but its a "server" board, Iam not sure if that will qualify for what I want in my gamer stats

just.. point me in the right direction? which socket for cpu- AM2 or Other/Socket F?

AM2 would be AMD's socket to go with, though I don't think you'll get near as much performance as you would with Intel.

been lookin at that and benchmarks are lacking vs intel... seems amd is a few steps behind in the race

*edit*

So does anyone know if AMD plans to release something for the AM2 that competes with Intels E6800 or anything?

been lookin at that and benchmarks are lacking vs intel... seems amd is a few steps behind in the race

*edit*

So does anyone know if AMD plans to release something for the AM2 that competes with Intels E6800 or anything?

Supposedly AMD is going to release a TRUE quad core unlike the q6600 which is basically 2 e6600's smacked together on one die but the new Phenom by AMD is supposed to have 4 totally independent cores that work at an even pace and workload so one core is not stressed more than the other

but me personally i get something cheap that you can OC the shnaz out of such as the e2180 i think somone got it from 1.6 to 3.5 on air and was only on a 1.357 Vcore ...very cool... and wait and save up some money for the new q9450 which is 45nm at 3.0ghz and is supposed to be the superior Penryn architecture that everyone is just so excited about its supposed to work with P35 and X38 chipsets but the P35 is better because its cheaper and it OC's better than the X38 from what i hear and i know for a fact that the x38 boards will clean out your wallet quite quickly

well the choice is up to you AMD or Intel? Fanboy or Enthusiast?

only used AMD in the past- and all my friends are stupidly biased from the hype on it (so they are no help- they wont even LOOK at an intels stats) but I was just wondering since I looked up AM2 stuff and unless a new AM2 comes out to compete with even the E6600... Iam going Intel... which is funny since iam going GeForce too apparently- so its all brand new to me

only used AMD in the past- and all my friends are stupidly biased from the hype on it (so they are no help- they wont even LOOK at an intels stats) but I was just wondering since I looked up AM2 stuff and unless a new AM2 comes out to compete with even the E6600... Iam going Intel... which is funny since iam going GeForce too apparently- so its all brand new to me

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor 2.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail

this i think would be the closest thing AMD has come to competing with an e6600 its almost half the price but almost the same performance its 90nm and only 2 x 1MB L2 cache but the archetecture on this CPU is rivaled to that of an e6600

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor 2.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail

this i think would be the closest thing AMD has come to competing with an e6600

its almost half the price but almost the same performance

its 90nm and only 2 x 1MB L2 cache but the architecture on this CPU is rivaled to that of an e6600

sorry for the double post up top earlier if a mod doesn't mind can they delete that

back on topic though but Nvidia is much better than ATI in my opinion but Nvidia has their downfalls too their prices are high for one but your getting a kick butt card for the money thats top of the line. where as ATI makes cheap cards that do about midrange performance cards not nearly as high tech as Nvidia's cards but their WAY cheaper.

if you plan on doing DX10 i strongly recommend the Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB version also if your doing high end gaming like Crysis or COD4 then you'll definatly wana get this card

if you plan on doing simple games like Bf2, WoW, Quake etc then ATI would be your best bet for a budget gaming rig.

The 8800GTS 320mb ver. should play every game you can think of on max settings 9 times out 10

it all depends on what games ya wana play

well i planned on the 8800 gts fatal1ty versoin- its clock speed is over that of some of the ultra- and has some benchmarks very close to ultras performance IF I went geforce stuff...

iam still lookin ATi wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom