wire management NIGHTMARE!!! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anime_dude07

In Runtime
well first off let me start by saying thanks to everyone who helped me out yesterday with a few random Qs and my one major problem I ran into with my first ever build. the stats in my sig are what it should be when I'm done... but I have another question that needs to be answered first. I might just be an uber noob, but:

running wires between the mobo and the mobo panel... good idea or bad idea?

if you've got the space, and length of cable, running it behind is a decent idea. I'll be trying some interesting cable management stuff myself, but I am getting a modular psu

I took both side panels off and am left with the mobo and the panel it is mounted to, and the cable is only long enough to run between the remaining panel and the mobo itself to be able to still connect to it's respective 5X2 set of posts... I just wanted to make sure it wasnt going to damage the set-up in any way...

running wires between the mobo and the mobo panel... good idea or bad idea?

just make sure you DON'T screw the motherboard while the wires are behind or ends of the modules will pierce through the cables and cause a short
What you can do is tuck them in instead

I wouldn't recommend it because the motherboard is gonna have to breath from the heat and the wires will block air flow to the back of the board

see if you can put the wires behind the motherboard tray.

like I've done with my PC:
window_finished.jpg

Apok - Good God... why do you have FIVE HDDs? Nice wire management though. I did something similar but not nearly as extreme.

Apok - Good God... why do you have FIVE HDDs?
1 x 74GB Raptor for my OS and some programs (bottom)
1 x 320GB for data (above Raptor)
3 x 750GB for data (top 3)
Nice wire management though. I did something similar but not nearly as extreme.
I still need to put in my watercooling. But I've planned it to be very tidy.

I just need to drill a hole for the fillport, and get some distilled water.

But anyway, if you know how to use a jigsaw, you can cut some holes in the motherboard tray like I did, so you can route some wires through.

see if you can put the wires behind the motherboard tray.

sweeet apok i remember flipping through that worklog you made about this PC its looking sweeet dude cant wait to see how you run the watercooling. i never kept up with that thread but now i wish i had of.

me im getting into modding cases myself i've drawn some plans up and even made a 3d model in sketchup......the dimensions arnt accurate but its just an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom