3 cards in crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmm tricrossfire sounds delicious... perhaps i'll think of investing in one of these... just to be one of those idiots.. lol 3 2900xt's.. and an agena.. dear jesus, no doubt that would score 20,000+ easily in 06 with everything stock

chyeah. it would be quite expensive tho. you'd have to work overtime, or sell your car. or sell a child on Chinese ebay.

i don't think it would be too much... 250 dollar mobo, maybe a 500 dollar cpu (the high end.. but not fx) and some more 2900xt's... lol overtime it wouldnt be so bad... but in one blow... ouch

If 1 2900XT gives you 100 frames in battlefield, you seriously need another 50 frames for $400?

no.. more like... crysis on high quality (bear in mind, not even full quality) and it runs 40fps... on 1440x900... that is in no way playable to me... considering it dips to 20-30fps every once in a while.. and sure you may say its just a beta.... but adding 1 notch up in resolution, and even more textures.. crossfire is more than needed for full quality in crysis... and this is only dx9 demo!!! not even dx10!

no.. more like... crysis on high quality (bear in mind, not even full quality) and it runs 40fps... on 1440x900... that is in no way playable to me... considering it dips to 20-30fps every once in a while.. and sure you may say its just a beta.... but adding 1 notch up in resolution, and even more textures.. crossfire is more than needed for full quality in crysis... and this is only dx9 demo!!! not even dx10!
dangit, was hoping to play it on high at 1680 x 1080

dangit, was hoping to play it on high at 1680 x 1080

ya... made me uuber sad.. even when played at 830/999.... well could be the whole 1gb of ram agian.. lol i always forget to mention i only have 1 gb of ram.. but even then so.. it wouldnt keep me at a steady 40+fps i'm sure.... and full quality isnt even unlocked in the demo... only high, no very high... and high settings definitely look nothing like the videos on ign and such

well my proc should get 3.5, but has small cache and fsb
and i'll have 2gb of RAM
and those videos are probably on 2500 x 1400 or w/e those richies play at

lol i wouldnt say richies.. those are all single player demo's without the bogged down textures... that were probably played at a game convention. and i think you meant 2560x1650.. HUGEMUNGOUS..... but ya... your computer should fair better than mine, seeing your cpu is doing better, and 2gb of ram.. just don't hope for too much! if you wanna download the demo i'll loan you my key... cuz i don't even play it.. cuz i'm curious to know how it plays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom