Built a new computer...NO POWER!!! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been trying to find out what the connection on the video card is and it seems to me that it's a connection for a 5 volt fan with a two pin connection so why would i be trying to buy a 4-pin to 2-pin converter to plug the power supply into it. also i can't seem to find any such thing as a converter like that anywhere on the internet so could you help me maybe find a link to it someplace?

oooooohhh its the little thing, that looks like a SYS FAN connection. I think thats if your gonna put an aftermarket cooling system on. like a fan. but um. i was thinking of something different for a connection. but yeah so that doesn't need to have anything plugged into it.

so yeah, if you can try a new PSU that should be your next step.

the power supply i had to test with isn't compatible with the mobo so i can't do a power supply test. any other suggestions? the only thing i have left to do is contact tigerdirect.com or intel and intel's support number is a 900 # so i don't really wanna call them unless i really have to...please let me know if anyone has anymore suggestions!!!

i've tried all combinations possible that i could think of for testing out the onboard video and the pci video card and i still can't get a display. i finally got sick of it and called tigerdirect.com today and talked to their support. i was informed that by the sounds of it my board is bad and that's why the display won't work and the cpu fan won't work off the connection designated for it. they are sending me a replacement mobo and it will arrive in a few days so i can try again then. thanks all for all of your help and support!

can you buy a cheapo PSU just to check? if it is the PSU return the cheapo PSU saying its not what you wanted, retunr the barebone saying its faulty, whola new functioning barebone

I'm a novice at computer building but from just this thread alone it sounds like the mobo was short circuited when you forgot seperate it from the case. I mean that came to mind immediately after you said you forgot so I'm kind of curious why it took up until you called tech support to realize that.

Oh well good luck. I guess you won't have it ready in time for your mom then. I'm sure she'll appreciate the effort even if it takes a little longer ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom